Hope North London is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We process personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016. This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when we collect and use your personal information.
We encourage you to read this notice carefully and if you would like to learn more about our data protection and privacy policies or get further clarification, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Who we are
Hope North London is a charity, registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (1073072) and a company limited by guarantee (3630927)
Our registered address is: c/o St Barnabas North London, 913 High Road, London N12 8QJ
Our website is: www.hopenorthlondon.org.uk
How we collect your information
We may collect information about you when you:
- Attend one of our groups
- Apply to join one of our volunteer teams
- Sign up to our newsletter or other email services
- Contact us with an enquiry
- Make a donation to the work of Hope North London
- Access our Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
Why we collect your information
- Maintain up to date records of staff, volunteers, supporters and users
- Send you mail and newsletters to inform you about our activities and opportunities for partnership through prayer, giving or volunteering
- Process any donations you might make
- Provide a service that you have requested
- Personalised communication, such as emails or mailings
By donating or registering your interest, you agree to the collection and use of information necessary to process your donation or provide you with the information you have requested. At the point of supplying your information, we tell you how your information will be used. Providing your details means that you are agreeing to this use. It will not be used in other ways than is detailed.
How long we keep your data & who we share it with
We are committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We may store your information on computers (on hard drives, or use cloud-based storage), in paper form, or both.
All computers that store any personal data are password protected. Any paper files that hold personal information (other than names and contact details) are kept on secure premises in locked cupboards and filing cabinets.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018).
We do not sell or pass any of your personal information to any other organisations and/or individuals without your express consent, with the following exceptions:
- If you are a Hope North London employee or volunteer, we may also hold certain categories of sensitive information such as personal financial details, age, gender, marital status, date of birth, full employment and educational history, references, medical and criminal records etc.
- If you are a ‘service user’ we may collect and store sensitive personal information such as health information, religious information, attendance, etc. Unless required by law or for safeguarding purposes your personal information will be kept strictly confidential. It is never sold, given away, or otherwise shared with anyone
Your information will be held only for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
If you have made a donation and/or have Gift Aid, we are legally required to store your data and may contact you regarding your donation, but we won’t use this data for anything else unless you have given us permission to do so.
Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that Hope North London holds about you by contacting email@example.com
We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request.
Updating your information or preferences
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. We will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable. (We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.)
You can unsubscribe from our regular emails by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope North London uses social media such as Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and YouTube. Users must verify authenticity of sites before posting or providing personal information on such sites.
Our website may provide social media buttons, permitting sharing our web content directly to a social media, platform. Use of such buttons is at your own risk. Unless it is material supplied or officially posted by Hope North London we do not endorse social media website(s) and have no responsibility for the content nor for the cookies they may contain.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the information we store and use about you, contact us at email@example.com or write to Data Protection, Hope North London, St Barnabas North London, 913 High Road, London N12 8QJ
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.